Our mission is to provide professional and trusted legal services that assist businesses and non-profit organizations in operating sustainably. We provide expert legal counsel in combination with our own business backgrounds, and deliver valuable services in a timely and cost-effective way. We also live by what we preach—both inside our firm and in our community—by implementing sustainable business practices in every possible way, to help us, and our clients, to become driving forces toward a new economy.
Cutting Edge Counsel recognizes that businesses wishing to maintain a competitive advantage in today’s global market must develop a more sophisticated vision of success that includes environmental and socially responsible practices as well as economic prosperity. To that end, we have developed a low-cost, high-touch firm model—in essence, a virtual law firm—that allows us to:
- Strive to help each client to attain sustainability from the way they operate, the way they manage, the development of best practices to avoid litigation, and the imprint that they leave;
- Be the leading law firm for the responsible business community by consistently delivering expert legal counsel to our clients in a timely way;
- Increase our clients’ “triple bottom line” by assisting them to build their economic capital while looking after their environmental, social, governmental, and corporate responsibilities;
- Support the individuals within the firm to succeed by cultivating imagination, consideration, and an entrepreneurial spirit to increase the value we provide to our clients;
- Reduce our costs, and our footprint on the planet, by integrating virtually and avoiding the traditional “brick and mortar” costs associated with operating a law firm. What we lose by not having $30,000 conference tables, outdated law libraries, support staff supporting support staff and spectacular views of the bay, we gain by passing along tremendous cost savings and efficient work ethics, that we hope will in turn be passed along by our clients to theirs.
- Believe that the client’s best interest should always come first, and that our work should always provide value.
- Hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s needs precisely and completely.
- Recognize the value of sustainable business practices – reduced costs, increased productivity, better company image, and increased profitability.
- Are accountable to our clients by being responsible for budgets, reducing extrananeous costs, adding value, and using the right outside experts judiciously.
- Cultivate a working environment that provides a human, sustainable approach to earning a living, and living in our world, for ourselves and for our clients.
- Value integrity, care for our work and for each other, humor, diligence, honesty, and strong communication skills.
- Demonstrate our commitment to sustainability, both individually and as a firm, by actively participating in our communities and integrating sustainable business practices wherever possible.