- Jenny Kassan at the Accelerating Community Capital Workshop during the 2011 BALLE Conference held in Bellingham, WA.
- John Katovich at the Inaugural PresidioSpace Fireside Chat, a monthly series featuring conversations with thought leaders from the Presidio Graduate School community.
- John Katovich, Jenny Kassan, and Michael Shuman in Raising Sustainable Capital: Existing Tools and Potential Public Policies.
- John Katovich, Jenny Kassan, and Michael Shuman featured in Local Investing Event Reveals Need for Local Capital.
- Jenny Kassan in the SOCAP Impact Challenge, answering the question: How will social enterprise unlock the $120 billion market opportunity for individual impact investment?
- Jenny Kassan in California Lawyer.
- Jenny Kassan in Grist’s article: Grassroots Financing is Underwriting a New Crop of Neighborhood Businesses.
- Jenny Kassan at the Business Alliance for Local Living Economies conference, along with Derek Huntington and Thomas Greco, on Foundations for Credit and Finance in a Local Living Economy. For a recording, click here. For more audio recordings of BALLE’s conference click here.
- Confused about L3Cs and the Rest? Me Too. Jenny Kassan, Esq. Helps Us Out, an interview by Olivia Khalili for Cause Capitalism.
- John Katovich,What Local Stock Exchanges Might Look Like.
- John Katovich in an article entitled Consumers Buy into ‘Buy Local’ by Kimberly Weisul.
- K2 Law Group mentioned on Pat McHenry Sullivan’s blog, Spirit Work and Money: Tips, role models and resources for socially responsible, green and new businesses.
- Jenny Kassan at The Business of Sustainability: Growing Health, Wealth, and Ecological Integrity in Our Food System in Pacific Grove, CA.
- K2 Law Group hosted Cutting Edge Capital Raising for Small Business – existing options and a policy agenda for the future.
- Jenny Kassan joined Megan Amaral and Janelle Orsi at HUB Berkeley at The David Brower Center to provide an overview of the cooperative business model, types of co-ops (from worker co-ops to credit unions), and basic legalities around forming and maintaining them.
- Jenny Kassan participated in a panel discussing resources for the development of the grassroots economy at the JASecon Festival in Oakland.
- Katovich & Kassan Law Group is now Cutting Edge Counsel September 30, 2014
- Partnerships between Co-ops and Nonprofits October 14, 2013
- Protecting Against Sexual Harassment Claims in California October 11, 2013
- Exclusions from Workers’ Compensation September 16, 2013
- What is the difference between a Benefit Corporation and a B Corp? June 3, 2013
- How did Awaken Café raise start up funds from its community? November 12, 2009
- Are cooperative patronage dividends subject to employment tax? June 30, 2009
- Securities Law Exemptions – First in a Series December 28, 2009
- High level employees of nonprofit organizations that receive non-monetary compensation could be subject to sanctions! June 18, 2009
- Do You Know Where Your Legal Fees Sleep? April 22, 2013
accredited investors Alternative Minimum Tax Assembly Bill No. 571 bartering California California Association of Nonprofits capital raising C corporation collectives Colorado Colorado Division of Securities community community currency cooperative cooperatives copyright corporate assets Corporate Flexibility Act corporate liabilities credit cards currency distributions dividends employers exemption exemptions federal exemption federal securities compliance federal securities law compliance federal tax Form 990 Gabrielle Lessard health care independent contractor vs employee intellectual property investment investments investors IRS NASAA nonprofits Rule 504 SCOR securities laws tax-exempt status